Woods Fire Near Edinburg

EDINBURG, Miss.--A woods fore was reported on Midway Rd. near Edinburg Friday night about 10 p.m.Once several volunteer firefighters arrived on scene, it was reported that the fire was small enough to possibly be fought with a small fire truck. Just a minute later... Read More.

Mobile Home Fire on Galilee Rd., in Leake County

CARTHAGE, Miss.--A mobile home fire was reported to 911 dispatchers Saturday morning just after 5:30. The fire was on Galilee Rd., which is southeast of Carthage, near Madden.Madden volunteers and Carthage were dispatched.The outcome of the fire was unclear from radio traffic.

House fire in Carthage Tuesday afternoon

The Carthage Fire Department and Leake Correctional Volunteers were dispatched to a home on North St. Matthew Street at 5:38 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2024 for a fire.  The home is situated just a few houses down from First Baptist Church.The blaze is... Read More.

Saturday Fires Include House Fire

CARTHAGE, Miss.--At least two large fires were reported Saturday in Leake County. One was a house fire that started in a garage about 8 p.m.That fire was on Toby Lake Rd., just north of Hwy. 25. According to scanner traffic the fire began in... Read More.

Fire Danger Increasing This Weekend

A combination of breezy conditions and low humidity could lead to wildfires getting out of control this weekend.  The National Weather Service says extra caution is advised with any open burning.

Local firefighter graduates Mississippi State Fire Academy

The Mississippi State Fire Academy provided Kicks 96 News with the following press release regarding Philadelphia, MS firefighter, Britt Baker's Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 graduation.JACKSON, Miss.- Firefighter Britt Baker of the Philadelphia Fire Department is making a difference and has graduated Class 207 from... Read More.

Fire Burns House on Lee Green Rd.

CARTHAGE, Miss.--A fire burned a house Saturday morning on Lee Green Rd., west of Carthage, just south of Hwy. 16, according to scanner traffic.The fire call went out just before 5 a.m. to both Carthage and Ofahoma firefighters. As they were en route to... Read More.

Home lost to fire caused by electric heater

Another Leake County home was claimed in a fire believed to have been caused by an electric heater.Carthage Fire Department, Leake Correctional Volunteers, and Reformation Volunteers were called to a home on Dead End Rd. off of Goshen Rd. near Reformation Rd. at 10:14... Read More.