Cold weather is in the forecast, so once again we think of indoor heating safety. While many people have central heating, others do not. The Mississippi State Fire Marshall has provided a list of guidelines to help keep us safe and warm.
- Never use propane to heat inside.
- Never use your oven to heat your home.
- Space heaters are meant to be supplemental heat not the man source.
- Space heaters should have at least 3 feet of space from other objects, and especially anything potentially flammable, and should never be left unattended.
- Space heaters should never be used to warm clothing, bedding, cook for or thaw pipes.