House fire in Carthage Tuesday afternoon

SHARE NOW

The Carthage Fire Department and Leake Correctional Volunteers were dispatched to a home on North St. Matthew Street at 5:38 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2024 for a fire.  The home is situated just a few houses down from First Baptist Church.

The blaze is said to have started in the kitchen of the residence.  The home sustained extensive damage in the kitchen and living room area.  Chief Lonzo Jones says there is smoke and heat damage throughout the rest of the home.