Restaurants open today. New guidelines will go into effect today, May 7th, at 8:00 AM, according to Gov. Reeves. The changes will allow restaurants to open under certain conditions such as limited seating capacity, social distancing, and stringent employee operating procedures. Additional specific guidelines are below.
• Before in-house dining can resume, the entire restaurant and bar must be deep-cleaned,
disinfected, and sanitized top to bottom.
• All restaurants and bars are expected to take every step necessary to implement the
regulations, orders, and guidance from the Mississippi State Department of Health and
CDC to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
• All employees will be screened daily at the beginning of their shifts, including asking
whether they have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14
days and have they had a fever in the last 48 hours.
• Cloth masks must be provided to all employees who come in direct contact with
customers. Employees are required to wear that mask throughout their shift.
• All employees must be provided training on how to limit the spread of COVID-19.
• No more than 50% seating capacity in both indoor and outdoor dining areas, and floor
plans must be updated to ensure at least 6 feet between each group. Party sizes will be
limited to no more than 6 people per table.
• Bars and bar areas that do not offer food services are to remain closed.
• Minimizing person-to-person contact through technology, like mobile or online
reservations and contact-less payment, is encouraged.
• Customers will be screened upon entry. Restaurants and bars must post signage at
each entrance stating no customer with a fever or COVID-19 symptoms are allowed in.
• Cafeteria-style buffets and food stations that are manned by restaurant staff are allowed
with appropriate barriers to limit contact. Self-service buffets, food stations, and drink
stations are prohibited.
• All restaurants and bars must place hand sanitizer at all entrances, hostess stations,
in/near bathrooms, and at cashier stations.