The finalist have been announced for the 2022 Mississippi Songwriter of the Year.
A panel of elite music industry judges listened to the songs and judged the lyrics to all submitted songs at the famous Wishbone Studio in Muscle Shoals, AL.
Fifteen finalists have been chosen and each will perform at The MAX in Meridian on Saturday, June 25th.
The contest gives local artists a chance to highlight their musical talents.
One winner will be chosen to have their song professionally recorded and produced as well as a music video produced.
For more information and to purchase tickets for the event, visit MSSongwriterOfTheYear.com.
Mississippi Songwriter of the Year 2022 Finalists:
- “Driving All Night” – John Howard (Clarksdale, MS)
- “St. Tammany” –Lynn Drury (Carriere, MS)
- “Don’t Wake Me Up” – Cole Hill (Purvis, MS)
- “A Bad Place” – Jim Rhodes (Corinth, MS)
- “All On You” – G’nece Quari (Jackson, MS)
- “The Wrinkled Hand in Mine” – Danny Irvin (Ackerman, MS)
- “Am I Just a Fool” – Mind of Sinclair (Jackson, MS)
- “Blue” – Kaitlyn Page (Pearl, MS)
- “Nothing Good” – Jodie Ross (Louisville, MS)
- “Down to the River” – Zechariah Lloyd (Oxford, MS)
- “No Good” – Hannah Belle (Larman, MS)
- “A Little More” – CandyLee (Brandon, MS)
- “Under Pressure” – Naomi Taylor (Jackson, MS)
- “Happy Birthday ” – Kirsten Busby (Madison, MS)
- “That Mississippi Song” – Elwood Simpson (Jackson, MS)